Translate

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

H.R. 1164 National Language Act 2011, Sen. Murray responds

 Hello friends,

  Here is a another email that was in response to my inquiry from www.opencongress.org regarding the upcoming vote on H.R. 1164. It's passage would finally give America an actual language instead of an implied one.

My email to Congress:


H.R.1164 National Language Act of 2011
I am writing as your constituent in the 6th Congressional district of Washington. I support H.R.1164 - National Language Act of 2011, and am tracking it using OpenCongress.org, the free public resource website for government transparency and accountability.


As an American and soldier, I can only say that passage of a bill or amendment of this sort is long over due. World wide for business and commerce, English is the dominant language spoken. Also, as listed in the language of the document, it would not hinder those who already speak or wish to learn a foreign language. As a multi-linguist myself, I urge passage of this Act.


Sincerely,
Trevor Dodge
SSG, US Army

 Senator Patty Murray's response:

Response from Senator Murray


Dear Mr. Dodge:



Thank you for contacting me regarding H.R.1164, the National Language
Act of 2011, which is currently pending in the United States House of
Representatives. I appreciate knowing your views on this matter.



In the Senate, this legislation would fall under the jurisdiction of the
Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions Committee, on which I serve.
Please be assured that I will be following the progress of this bill and
will keep your views in mind if this or related legislation comes before
this committee for consideration.


Again, thank
you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.
EMAIL.BEGINHIDE.MERGE


  Thoughts:   The response doesn't exactly scream "YES", we will pass this bill...but in any case, it is good to know someone is listening.  Have a great day everyone!

Trevor M Dodge

No comments:

Post a Comment