Translate

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

To tax or not to tax....not really an option



  Hello Readers and friends,

  Been thinking about past years, taxes and what can possibly be done to help the Average American?  Our Country is in a bind, with our States slashing programs for elderly and schools, among other things.  I am good at mathematics....I remember a particularly funny situation from high school. Any one else remember Geometry?  I do...vaguely.  What I never bothered to learn were the postulates and theorems associated with a correct answer...thus my answers were in short form and correct.  They almost were not correct.  Even though I could explain every step I took to get an answer, I didn't feel the need to waste an entire piece of paper on ONE PROBLEM.


  Believe me when I say, right now there are tens of thousands of pages, if not more, that the Government and States are filling with numbers and trying to decide which programs stay and what goes.  I am a semi-unofficial fan of a Flat Tax.  One tax for all and a gradual reduction of social services.  We cannot cut the legs out from under our most vulnerable and hope everything will get better.

 Get 2nd opinions on everything you hear the candidates say...  I checked several sources regarding Cain's 9-9-9 tax plan that originally sounded great.  In the long run, 85% of Americans would pay more under the 9-9-9 tax plan....so the plan is being revised, as well it should.


  Have a great day, stay informed and find a reason to smile!

Trevor M Dodge

No comments:

Post a Comment