Translate

Friday, November 18, 2011

Congress Approves Veterans Jobs Bill 2011

  Hello friends,

   I am going to start this blog with my least favorite joke.
     Q:  Why did the chicken cross the road?
     A:   To get away from Colonel Sanders ( Duh )….

   From the Stars and Stripes:     Following the 422-0 House vote, House Veterans Chairman Jeff Miller, R-FLA, who authored much of the legislation, called the measure “a major victory for veterans that will help hundreds of thousands of veterans who are currently unemployed”.

  Wait a minute, never mind the fact that after this deployment I will be unemployed, but Congress actually doing something that appeals not only to veterans but Americans in general? 

  Less than two months ago, if given a choice between who they trusted more; either a Congressperson or a lawyer jailed for contempt of court…..most Americans would have picked the lawyer.  The last few years, Congress has been doing some very unappealing things….big bank bailouts….auto industry bailouts…..voting to reaffirm that “In God We Trust” is still our nations motto….really.  Glad to inform you that the vote passed, and indeed, “In God We Trust” is still our National motto.

  Don’t get me wrong, I really would love to be able to get a job when I get home….but I have options.  I will get a job, possibly even before I get home.

1.      New word for today:  Posturing:  Behave in a way that is intended to impress or mislead others.


As much as I would like to believe that the vote was unanimous because Congress cares about their troops ….I have a feeling that they voted as such due to upcoming elections…and an attempt to regain some respect and trust.

  Wait a minute…unanimous?  422-0…..there are 435 Representatives in the House, not 422.  In the Senate the vote was 94-1…..what it appears, as of this writing, is that 13 Reps and 5 Senators abstained.  They may have been the smart ones….time will tell.

  I will end this post with my favorite joke.

    An Imam, a Rabbi and Catholic Priest walk into a bar.  The bartender looks up and says, “ Is this some kind of joke”?

  Have a terrific day everyone!

Trevor M Dodge

No comments:

Post a Comment