Translate

Thursday, November 24, 2011

HAPPY THANKSGIVING 2011 Part One

   Dear friends, family and readers,


 Today is a special day in the United States…Thanksgiving.   A time when families get together and share good food and good memories.  It is no less a special day even if I am not able to participate.  I am with my family always, in their hearts, as they are in mine.  Today’s post will highlight some things I am thankful for…not only today, but every day.  Also, I am ecstatic to make mention of a music and dance troupe called Georgian Legend ( but more about them later ).

  I am thankful for my family…strong and supportive, whether I am near or very far away.  I am thankful for my wife…she is my “rock”, the wind beneath my wings and the air that sustains me.  I am thankful to have served alongside so many terrific soldiers during the last 19 years, often deploying and making it back home safely. I am thankful to have good health and vitality.  I am thankful, to be able to find laughter, when there is nary reason to laugh.  I am thankful for having vision, clarity and purpose.  Last, but not least, I am thankful for you…the readers of my blog and my friends worldwide.

  Does anyone remember ‘River Dance’?   I remember the day I sat and watched them on T.V. for hours….it was before they became mainstream, and the video ( V.H.S. ) was being sold through television ads.  I had never seen anything so beautiful and with meaning.  It didn’t take long before the lead dancers ego became bigger than the show…and eventually, there was no more song and dance such as I first saw years ago.

  While checking out ‘dancing’ on www.youtube.com , I came across a troupe of dancers from Georgia ( the country, not the state ) and clicked on the video.  What I saw was so well done that I must include them, as something I am thankful for…..Georgian Legend.  The link will take you to the site of their newest show: SAMAIA.


  I am hoping to add a video from Youtube, so you can see what I saw…..stunning!! 

 This video from www.youtube .com features the Georgian Army and the Georgian Legend group....fun short video.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving or just a wonderful day, whether in the States or abroad, at home or at work!! 

Trevor M Dodge


No comments:

Post a Comment