Translate

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Taking pause....a 'recess' if you will

  Hello friends and readers,

  This will absolutely not be my last post....just getting that out of the way.  I am taking a break from writing...maybe few days, maybe longer.  I have come too far too give up on my hopes...a truly transparent government, getting people empowered and excited enough to want to make change and hopefully, the presidency in 2016.

  Some of the posts are funny, some are serious and others are just observations.  I have seen a jump in the number of great people from far away take at least a passing interest in the blog for one reason or another....and the number of views in the U.S. has dwindled.

  Understandably, who in their right mind would want to read something political for near five years from an author they didn't know?   I can't say that I would....it's hard enough for me to be inundated by the media in the 18 months leading up to an election...really.   Usually politicians slamming their opposition and trying to dig up dirt, instead of telling the voters what they can do for them.  Not that it matters since our president isn't elected by popular vote....makes me wonder why we even have a general election.  Maybe so those who voted for the person the Electoral College picks can feel like 'winners' and those who don't.....well...you get the picture.

  What is most difficult for me right now, is trying to get people out of the rut...the status quo.  I have tried to get them to see that it is they who can make the changes....we, the people are empowered. Alas, most Americans are apathetic when it comes to politics and change.  It took the government not paying me during a deployment because of political infighting to become pissed off enough to want to do something...and do something on a grand scale.

  So...with that, I am going to take a break from writing.  Maybe a day or two...maybe slightly longer.  I want to thank everyone who has contributed thus far, and look forward to getting back to business.  Have a great weekend everyone!!

Trevor M Dodge

No comments:

Post a Comment