Translate

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Emails and such.....Congress in action or not.

  Hello friends and readers,

  What a terrific start to December.  Emailing Senators and asking 3 basic questions.  Listed below are the 3 questions I sent to Senator Cantwell from Washington State.

1. Why is it that our Government continues to give millions and billions of dollars to foreign Governments ( specifically Pakistan ) while our own economy falters and our 600-800k homeless are left to fend for themselves?
...
2. With nearly 50% of congress being millionaires...do you really 'represent' Americans of which 99%, are not.

3. Bad enough you can vote your own pay raise, but are reports now true that you can purchase and trade stocks with impunity?

  As bad as it sounds...I received no response from Sen. Cantwell or my other representatives from Washington State.  Thinking outside the box, I decided to copy and paste the email and send it to all the other Senators.  Unfortunately, I had only sent it to around 15-20 of them, when I started receiving "auto responses".  I will post them now.


From Senator Barbara Boxer from California:





Dear Trevor,
           Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and concerns with me via email.  I hope you will understand that, because of the volume of emails I receive from residents of California, I cannot at this time respond to messages received from residents of other states.
         If you are a service member from California but are stationed out of state, please return to my webform at https://boxer.senate.gov/en/contact/policycomments.cfm and enter your California Home of Record in the Address section.  I will then receive your message and can send you a response.
         If you are a civilian, I encourage you to contact your U.S. Senators if you have an issue or concern that needs immediate attention.  You can access your Senators electronically by visiting http://www.senate.gov/contacting/index_by_state.cfm for a listing of their contact information. 
           If you are still interested in learning more about the work I am doing on behalf of California, I hope that you will continue to visit my website at http://boxer.senate.gov.
Sincerely,  Barbara Boxer

  The next is from Senator Michael Bennet of Colorado:


Dear Friend:

Thank you for your e-mail message.  If you are a Coloradoan in need of assistance or if you need help dealing with a federal agency, access our casework form here http://bennet.senate.gov/services/casework/.  If you are not a Colorado resident, I encourage you to contact the U.S. Senators from your state directly.

Thank you for contacting me.
 Lastly, from Scott Brown of Massachusettes:


Thank you for sharing your personal story with me.  As you may know, I am currently crisscrossing the state, talking to constituents and fielding questions on jobs and the economy.  
I look forward to reading your story
Thank you,
Scott 

  In a nutshell,  if I am not from their State....they could care less.  Fair enough. 

  My last decision yesterday was to send the email that I had sent to the Senators, to the President of the United States.  I am looking forward to sharing more emails with you and discussing more of the issues that affect us, and those around us. 

Have a terrific day, and I look forward to seeing you again!!

Trevor M Dodge

1 comment:

  1. I'm pleasantly surprised that the other congresspeople replied to you. Normally, if you don't live in their district, they send you a canned message to contact your own Congressperson.

    My contention is that they ALL represent ALL of us, so that answer doesn't wash with me.

    ~janie

    ReplyDelete