Translate

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Universal Language, more music and some insight...

Hello friends and readers,

  After my previous post, I got to thinking....and thinking more.  I am multi-lingual, but found that when my friends in Germany spoke fast, it was much harder to understand....and when I was in Ireland and spoke Gaelic, I  spoke too fast for the locals to understand.  I believe that what we say, especially how we say it, better defines the point we are trying to make.  I am hoping to learn new languages....and will always enjoy music.

  During my last deployment, way back in 2008, I purchased a CD of Arabic music.  It was titled , appropriately enough, 'Arabic Groove '.  I learned quickly that although the music was quirky and dance-able,  I couldn't understand what they were saying...and it didn't matter. The music on the CD was by various artists and had music from different regions and countries.  I am hoping to introduce, maybe for some, something a little different, but with no less meaning. If I create even one extra fan of this music or to my blog....success.

  Introducing, by way of www.youtube.com

ARABIC GROOVE






  All three videos were originally culled from the CD 'Arabic Groove'.  I listened to it a lot during my deployment in 2008, and after I got home.  Definitely worth listening to, even for a moment....but I think once the music starts...well, you will see.

  For some who say, "Is this really a presidential blog"?  I say, "YES, it is".  I have decided that every day cannot be critical, so for today and the previous post, I wrote about music. Have a great day and terrific weekend...starting tomorrow.

Trevor

1 comment:

  1. Spike likes it, so it has our seal of approval. He is chirping away to it. And, believe me...if he doesn't like something he screeches until I turn it off. ~janie

    ReplyDelete