Translate

Monday, December 19, 2011

Down to the wire.....maybe

   Hello friends,


  It's the middle of December 2011 and it seems that the Republicans have narrowed down their choice for the ballot to seven candidates.  With one woman, one irritant and no Hispanics, I can imagine that the field will be reduced to five in the coming weeks.  Aaaaarrrrggghhh.  I can't finish this thought....only because it ends either with the re-election of the incumbent or the election of another Democrat.  I am not against Democrats; it's just that the few I have been in contact with, generally have nothing to say.  They try and tell me that they are "passionate" about this or that, but tell me nothing about what I asked.  Our Congress has grown too comfortable....and "passionate"?  I think not.

  Our government, at best, is corrupt....but boy are they cordial.  So very nice to big business and telling the voter's what they want to hear...no wonder they get re-elected year after year.  If one wants to find any governments with "passion", they need just go to http://www.youtube.com/ and type " political fights " in the search bar.  I would say fighting is best kept for the last resort...but if you are willing to trade blows with a fellow politician...wouldn't that be considered "passionate".  That you believe so much in your idea that you would strike someone who opposed you or called you a liar.  Believe it or not....that is passion.  Sure, in some state assemblies some persons have fought...but how about Congress?  Oh my...perish the thought that anyone would raise their voice or <gasp> lash out.  Call someone a "liar" in Congress, they have a 10 minute recess to figure out ways for the guy to apologize for calling the other person a liar.  Our Congress is "passionate" about one thing...okay, two things.  1. Ensuring they get re-elected and 2. Making sure that opposing parties bills don't see the light of day.

  For your enjoyment, the follow is a compilation of truly "passionate" politics.  Rated G ( for Good fun ).  Okay...I didn't pick the song.......remember, these are leaders...




  Have a good day everyone.

Trevor

No comments:

Post a Comment